Here's how to make the most of the Alfred Powerpack when you want to keep in touch with your Address Book contacts.
1. Using the keyword "email"
Emailing a specific person? Simply use your normal key combination to call up Alfred and type in keyword "email" followed by the email address of your intended recipient.
Alfred will then launch your default email client with the email address pre-populated.
2. Email a file
If you want to email a specific file as an attachment, simply navigate to the file within Alfred (using keyword "find" or file system navigation) and hit right arrow. This will open up the result actions panel.
Now you can either select "Email file", or "Email file to…" and start typing in a recipient from your Address Book.
If your mail client of choice is Gmail, go to your Email preferences and check the "Use Gmail to compose mail" checkbox. For sending attachments in the result actions, Alfred currently supports Mail.app, Mailplane, Postbox 2, Postbox Express and Sparrow.
3. Check contact information and act on it
With the Powerpack, you have easy access to your Address Book contacts and can take action on the information.
To open contact cards in Alfred, go to Preferences > Features > Address Book and click to enable. Then you can start taking action on what you see.
Pressing "Return" on a field in the contact viewer will carry out the action you pre-defined for this specific field in the Alfred preferences. These are highly customisable and you can either select one of the suggestions or simply link the action to one of your extensions.
You'll be able to set up Alfred for example so that pressing the return key on:
- an email address will launch a new email to this contact in your default client
- a phone number will start a Skype call to this number
- a Twitter name will open up your favourite Twitter client rather than the Twitter website
- a Google Talk name will start a chat with the contact in Adium
- user's Flickr name will copy a link to their Photostream to you Clipboard
- an email address will add a to-do to email this person in your favourite task management application
- the LinkedIn name will set a reminder in iCal to follow up with this person in 2 weeks
A very simple example is the Skype URL scheme, which allows you to dial a number in Skype.
You can get as creative as you like with URL schemes and extensions, depending on the extensions you download or create.
Don't forget that you can also use cmd + C on any item to copy it to clipboard.
Note that currently, Alfred exclusively looks at your local Address Book and searches by primary contact name. This features is in evolution and future updates will bring additional functionality.
You may have found this answer by using one of these keywords: